CIS Public Awareness Survey 2015
The baseline survey measured a number of indicators which targeted both borrowers and credit providers. For credit borrowers (individuals and businesses), the study focussed on
- financial services and product usage,
- awareness of CIS among individuals and businesses,
- perception and attitudes towards of CIS,
- expectations from CIS guidelines
- the role of media in promoting CIS
In regards to Credit Providers (Lenders), the report focussed on
- awareness levels amongst lending staff
- usage of credit reference bureaus
- attitudes and perceptions on CIS
- benefits of the CIS mechanism
- challenges faced by lenders
Key findings from the baseline survey informed the revision of the communication strategy implemented in January 2013 with the immediate objective being the need to increase the awareness levels and enhance a positive perception of the mechanism.
To track subsequent progress, Ipsos carried out a second perceptions survey on the CIS mechanism. The findings of this survey are contained in this report.